Lemon Poppy Seed Bread with Lemon Curd will brighten your day whether you are in the middle of winter or the sunshine of summer. This year round recipe for quick bread is full of lemon flavor in each bite.
Lemon Poppy Seed Bread fits in with the #BreadBakers theme; we are sharing our breads baked with seeds this March. I combined poppy seeds with lemon in this simple recipe.
This Lemon Poppy Seed Bread with lemon curd from a Williams Sonoma recipe is elevated by a triple dose of lemon– lemon juice, lemon zest and lemon curd. It is bright and cheerful– even while you are making it the smell of lemon will make you smile and think that winter is nearly over.
The lemon curd mixes in the middle layer and, if you look closely, you’ll see that layer in your baked bread. The real lemon kick, though, is the glazing effect that the top layer of lemon curd creates on this bread.
There is a lemony, light crust to the top and then you find the poppy seeds dancing below throughout the bread. All of this in a quick bread that comes together with ease?
That’s right! So pour yourself another cup of tea, appreciate the sunshine and the melting snow outside and look forward to spring.
Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 255 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 46mg Sodium: 158mg Carbohydrates: 32g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 17g Protein: 4g
- Amaranth Banana Nut Quick Bread from Magnolia Days
- Anadama Bread from Baking in Pyjamas
- Bird Seed Bread from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Crunchy Seed Braid from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Everything Dutch Oven Bread from Chef Mireille’s East West Realm
- Hearty Seed Dinner Rolls from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Khobz Mzaweq – Moroccan Decorated Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Lemon Chia Quick Bread from Basic N Delicious
- Lemon Curd Poppy Seed Bread from A Baker’s House
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bread from The PinterTest Kitchen
- Makowiec – Polish Poppy Seed Bread from Sweet Cinnamon & Honey
- Multigrain and Seed Bread Extraordinaire from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Multigrain Bread with Flaxseeds from Cooking Club
- Pain Petri (Moroccan Challah) from Passion Kneaded
- Seeded Club Soda Bread from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sesame Studded Grissini from Ruchik Randhap
- Simit – Turkish Ring Bread from Spice Roots
- Six Seed Soda Bread from Bakers and Best
- Sunflower Seed Bread from My Catholic Kitchen
- Sunflower Seed Bread from Kids and Chic