Strawberry pudding cookies are perfect for your Valentines celebrations! These pink cookies are festive and sweet and make a festive homemade gift. White chocolate chips look like little hearts in this Valentine’s Day dessert.
Pink cookies or even pink and white cookies were my goal in baking this cookie recipe. I love this gingerbread recipe that uses instant butterscotch pudding mix in the ingredient list so I repeated that step and added a few tablespoons of strawberry Jell-o mix to achieve that holiday hue.
Adding red, pink, and white sprinkles would be another fun way to dress these cookies up for a Valentine’s Day treat.
What ingredients are in Strawberry Pudding Cookies?
- Instant Pudding Mix (if you can find Strawberries and Cream Pudding Mix please use it and omit the Strawberry Jell-O mix. If not please use Vanilla pudding mix as I did and add 2 Tbsp Strawberry Jello Mix to get that pretty pink shade.)
- flour (traditional all purpose flour or gluten free baking mix)
- baking soda
- white chocolate chips
How do you make pink cookies?
The instant Jell-O mix provides all the color in these cookies. I experimented with crushed, freeze dried strawberries but the pink hue was lost during baking. Pink or red food coloring might also be a good idea if you are trying to bake pink cookies.
Bake these cookies following the usual technique for cookie baking: blend the butter and sugars (which here includes the Jell-o mixes), add the egg, then the dry ingredients too. Fold in the chips. Place rounds of cookie dough on parchment lined baking trays and bake until done.
Looking for another method of making pink cookies? Check out these pink heart cookies that get their pretty shade from freeze dried strawberries.
Red and Pink Valentines Dessert Ideas
In addition to pink cookies, there are other fun ways to make red and pink treats for Valentine’s Day. Try these quick macerated strawberries to top vanilla ice cream or crepes.
Bake with red with these colorful stained glass cookie hearts— the inside layer is melted candy and the method couldn’t be any easier. Another cookie I love making for Valentine’s Day is a homemade fortune cookie. Add your own handwritten fortunes for a heartfelt touch.
Recipe for Strawberry Pudding Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 package vanilla Jell-o instant pudding
- 2 tablespoons strawbery Jell-o mix
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the butter with the sugar, vanilla pudding mix and the strawberry Jell-O mix. Add the egg and blend until well combined.
- Add the flour (gluten free or traditional) and the baking soda.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips*
- Form small balls of dough and place on the parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes.
- Let cool completely before adding the optional glaze.**
Note: Make these gluten free by using a 1 to 1 gluten free flour substitute. The cookies pictured here were made with Bella Gluten Free Cup to Cup Substitution All Purpose Baking Mix.
*If you are making this recipe gluten free please double check that your white chocolate chips (and all other ingredients) are all gluten free too.
**Optional glaze: Whisk 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar with 2 teaspoons of milk. Drizzle over cookies
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 82Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 65mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
Here are more gluten free cookie recipes you’ll enjoy baking!
- Almond Flour Sugar Cookies
- Butterscotch Cookies
- Nutella Cookies
- Nutty Chocolate Crunch Cookies
- No Bake Cheesecake Bites
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Holly Baker started the food blog, A Baker’s House, in 2011. She is the writer, recipe creator, and photographer for the site. Holly loves to bake and shares recipes for gluten free food, canning recipes, as well as traditional desserts too. Her recipes and food photography have been highlighted by BuzzFeed, Reader’s Digest, and She Knows.