All that is required is good-quality fruit, a small bit of sugar, and spices of your choice. I’ve made apple butter and pumpkin butter in recent weeks. Today I’d like to share this pear butter. Spread it on top of toast or along side a pork tenderloin. This pear butter complements a variety of foods. How will you use it? Let me know!
I used Martha Stewart’s recipe for apple and pear butter as my starting point but omitted the apples.
- 8-10 pears, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- pinch of salt
- Put all the ingredients into a crock pot (slow cooker).
- Cook on low heat for 4-6 hours.
- Remove the cinnamon stick, let cool slightly then use a hand-held immersion blender puree to desired consistency.
- Ladle in to mason jars. Keep refrigerated for up to 3 weeks.