Learning how to make jam, canning at home, and preserving foods in your home kitchen is very rewarding. You choose what ingredients you love the most then prepare them so that you can enjoy them for months to come!
To be a successful home canner or food preserver you'll need to know the following:
- the essential tools for canning and preserving
- the types of preserves you can make at home such as jams, jellies, curds and marmalade.
- how to use a water bath canner
- what is pectin?
- how to find the gel point for jams
- how does altitude affect home canning
Enjoy this collection of jam recipes, jelly recipes, marmalade recipes and more!
Where should you start?
- These recipes are my favorite curds: meyer lemon curd and Vitamix lemon curd.
- The easiest jams are plum jam and pear ginger jam.
- Use a Crock Pot for this peach butter and this recipe for crock pot apple butter.
Once you've made your beautiful jams, check out these ideas for recipes: