The #BreadBakers are back in the kitchen baking ROLLS this month. Rolls can lift any meal. Pasta with garlic rolls, chicken with buttermilk rolls, soup with cheese rolls…the list goes on but you get the idea. Breakfast rolls are among my favorites and this gluten free option from King Arthur Flour is my introduction to gluten free rolls baked at home. (Yup, you didn’t know gluten free could look so good, right! Me neither!) Baking with gluten free flour takes a bit of trial and error and some patience. The consistency of the dough is not the same as a traditional flour dough. Use parchment to help roll this sticky dough and, also, give yourself a break and don’t expect bakery perfection. It is tricky to cut these rolls and to place them into the muffin pan (using a muffin pan helps each individual roll rise and brown rather than baking into a blob of oneness in a traditional round tin). The good news is that a perfectly rolled cinnamon roll tastes JUST LIKE a roll whose gooiness tried to escape the rolling process but hung on as you dumped it into the muffin tin. The only difference you might notice is that the filling does brown a bit more if it escapes the rolled dough. Notice in my roll pictured here that the filling oozed out along the bottom edge of the roll and so it is slightly more browned than the rest of the roll. Not a problem. You’ll still accomplish that cinnamon-sugar goodness that you are craving.
I followed King Arthur Flour’s recipe, click here to be directed to their website for the ingredients and instructions. I hope you’ll enjoy the rolls shared by the #Breadbakers this month!
- Anadama Rolls from Passion Kneaded
- Bulochki (Russian Sweet Yeast Rolls) from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Cinnamon Rolls from Bakingyummies
- Crescent Rolls from Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Feta Olive Knots from Food Lust People Love
- Flax Oat Wheat Dinner Rolls from Cook’s Hideout
- Einkorn Parmesan and Garlic Rolls from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls from A Baker’s House
- Hokkaido Milk Rolls from Baking in Pyjamas
- Kahvalti – Turkish-style Breakfast Buns from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Masala Bread Rolls from Sneha’s Recipes
- Mini Cheddar Bialys from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Oatmeal Dinner Rolls from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pesto Rolls from Veg Nation
- Raspberry Sweet Rolls from Kylee Cooks
- Savory Cheddar Rolls from Magnolia Days
- Stuffed Vegatable Masala Buns from Spill the Spices
- Twisted Knotted Mint Garlic Rolls from Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Wholewheat Low Fat Stuffed Cinnamon Rolls from Sizzling Tastebuds
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Many thanks to Deepti of Bakingyummies for hosting this month. You can follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.