Chocolate Swirl Bread is an impressive homemade bread that is actually easy to make. The chocolate filling is layered into the dough then rolled up tightly into a log. A few simple steps let you twist and braid the dough into a swirled mix of dough and chocolate. I found this Chocolate Swirl Bread recipe among the pages of Woman’s Day, January 2014. My mom gave me the magazine to read on a flight so I found myself miles above the ground just thinking about how to make this bread once we landed. I was drawn to this bread because it can be a breakfast treat just as it is or dressed up as a chocolate french toast…or…if you can save it until dessert, it would be fabulous in a chocolate bread pudding. As I said already, can you go wrong with chocolate in a bread? Nope! Don’t be intimidated by the process of making a yeast bread. There is surprisingly little hands-on time and the steps are basic. I simplified the recipe by skipping the preparation of the chocolate filling and starting with a store-bought chocolate spread: more specifically Trader Joe’s Cocoa Almond Spread. (Thanks, Annette, for this treat!! Only a few weeks to wait until Trader Joe’s opens here in Denver!) Click here for the original recipe. I’ll share the dough recipe ingredients below and will include my substitution of the chocolate spread (think Nutella, Hershey’s chocolate spread or Trader Joe’s cocoa almond spread) for the chocolate filling.
#TwelveLoaves is indulging in CHOCOLATE this month, won’t you join us? We are baking with chocolate, cocoa powder, chocolate spreads and more. You simply can’t go wrong when you add chocolate to your breads. Quick breads, muffins, pastries, loaves– any way you bake breads, we encourage you to do so this February and share here with the group. #TwelveLoaves is a monthly bread baking party created by Lora from Cake Duchess.#TwelveLoaves runs so smoothly thanks to the help of the lovely Paula from Vintage Kitchen Notes and Renee from Magnolia Days.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 0 Total Fat: 0g
- Buttermilk Chocolate Quick Bread by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Chocolate Brownie Quick Bread by Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious
- Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls by Dionne at Try Anything Once Culinary
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Braid by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate Swirl Bread by Holly at A Baker’s House
- Dark Chocolate and Prune Bread by Deepti at Bakingyummies
- Dates and Chocolate Brioche by Rossella at Ma che ti sei mangiato
- Love Me, Love Me Knots by Felice at All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Marbled Rye Bread by Karen at Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins by Liz at That Skinny Chick Can Bake