Add a festive touch to your holiday table with this stunning raisin and nut bread wreath. The technique of braiding the strands of dough is not as hard as you might think and the process creates an impressive visual effect.
This raisin and nut wreath bread is a recipe from the website for The Telegraph, a newspaper published in the United Kingdom. I enjoy their food section and love the British take on holiday foods.
Some traditions are similar to those in the U.S such as a roast turkey dinner with all the trimmings but others like Christmas pudding and fruitcake are stars on a British menu that are rarely given the same worth here.
This wreath bread would impress on either side of the Atlantic without a doubt. It can be a centerpiece for your table and looks stunning with some greenery and a candle in the middle.
Or serve it on a buffet with a small bowl of soft butter in the middle of the wreath so that the bread can be pulled off in small pieces then topped with butter or jam.
Can I use a variety of nuts in this bread wreath?
Use any type of nuts you’d like– pecans and walnuts would be nice– and switch out the raisins for dried cranberries or currants if you please.
Twelve Loaves Baking Group
The #TwelveLoaves bakers are baking Holiday Breads this month. We’d love to see how you celebrate the season and welcome you to share breads from any holiday you cherish.
Recipe source: The Telegraph http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/recipes/9736802/The-new-baker-Christmas-bread.html
Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 318 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 17mg Sodium: 337mg Carbohydrates: 45g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 14g Protein: 8g
Recipe source: The Telegraph
Our host this month is Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake, and our theme is Holiday Breads. For more bread recipes, visit the #TwelveLoaves Pinterest board, or check out last month’s mouthwatering selection of #TwelveLoaves Pumpkin Breads.
Holiday Bread Recipes
- Apricot Ginger Panettone from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Bacon Fat Spice Loaf from girlichef
- Cranberry Kringle from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Eggnog Streusel Muffins from From My Sweet Heart
- Fruitcake Quick Bread from Rhubarb and Honey
- Gingerbread from Nik Snacks
- Holiday Fruit and Cheese Bread from Basic N Delicious
- Joululimppu (Finnish Christmas Bread) from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Kardemummakrans from Ma che ti sei MANGIATO
- Raisin and Nut Wreath Bread from A Baker’s House
- Stollen from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Stollen Wreath from Cake Duchess
- Swiss Butter Braid from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Whole Wheat Cranberry and Walnut Bread from NinjaBaker