Friday, December 7, 2012
Creative Gift Packaging for Cookies
Wax paper, Parchment or Freezer paper
Glue or spray adhesive
1. Cut the wrapping paper so that it wraps around the can. My measurements of 10 inches wide by 10 1/2 inches long seemed to be a good fit. Leaving a little space at the top and bottom is fine because you’ll add ribbon later to cover the gap.
2. Use glue or spray adhesive to adhere the wrapping paper to the outside of the can.
3. Cut the ribbon and wrap it around the top and bottom of the tube. Glue it or use spray adhesive to stick it in place.
4. Cut the wax paper a similar size (10 by 10.5 inches) and roll it so that it fits inside of the can. I did not use any glue inside, the tube of wax paper stays put fairly well.
5. I found that the muffin cups helped to cushion the cookies in the can. They hardly moved even when I shook the container, which would be a great feature for cookies that are sent through the mail. Put one cookie in each muffin cup and slide into the tube.
6. Now go make someone happy! You have an ideal hostess gift, teacher gift, or holiday surprise.