Maple cookies are an update sugar cookies with the deep flavor of maple syrup within each bite.
I’m sharing these maple cookies of which it is nearly impossible to eat only one. Or two. Or three. You get the idea! Stacked up like pancakes, this tower of maple cookies offers a crispy bite and a homey maple syrup flavor that you’re sure to enjoy.
Cookie Shapes– leaves or circles?
The original recipe called for these to be cut into maple leaf shapes but I found that even with taking time to chill the dough in between each step, the cookies spread quite a bit while baking. Circular shapes were an easy solution and they turned out nicely. Circles are a forgiving shape when it comes to cut-out cookies– honestly, if a small circle is good, isn’t a larger cookie even better? In my book, yes! It’s optional to brush the baked cookies with more maple syrup and top with a sprinkling of sugar. I thought they were sweet enough as is but give both a try.Print
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for surface
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 cup maple syrup (preferably grade A)
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1/3 cup sanding sugar
- Please click through here to the source website for the original recipe
One of the best things about fall–in addition to sweaters and football–is all of the delightful seasonal themes that come to mind for baking: pumpkin, apples, late summer and early fall harvest, Halloween, Thanksgiving…. they are all fun and delicious to play around with, so check out what we have for you this month!
You can also use us as a great resource for cookie recipes. Be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them here at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:
- Apple Cranberry Crumble Bars from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Pecan Pie Thumbprints from Oven Delights
- Pumpkin Date Bars from What Smells So Good?
- Momofuku Corn Cookies from Food Lust People Love
- Apple Cider Cookies with Maple Frosting from 2 Cookin Mamas
- Maple Cookies from A Baker’s House
- Caramel Apple Shortbread Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pecan Butter Cookies from Basic N Delicious
- Caramelized Apple Oatmeal Cookies from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Apple and oat cookies from Flours and frostings
- Spiked Oatmeal Apple Cookies from The Spiced Life