Blenders, start your engines! This lime curd in the Vitamix is a bright splash of taste and color for a January morning. Make it with your Vitamix or Blendtec for a quick method of creating curds at home. While the traditional method of whisking the egg mixture over a double boiler works well, the blender method is so much faster. Five minutes fast.
I made lemon curd last year with the recipe listed in the Vitamix cookbook and followed the same proportions for this recipe with lime. The texture is smooth and custard-like even after the initial five minutes in the Vitamix; the curd will continue to thicken as it cools in the refrigerator. This is not a recipe for your water-bath canner. I am going to freeze a jar, though, and will let you know how it keeps in the freezer. Store this in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.
By the way, are you surprised by the shade of yellow? Even with a healthy dose of lime zest, this curd can’t hold on to the vibrant lime green color. The eggs and butter overshadow it. I chose not to, but if you crave that green shade of lime in your curd then you’ll have to add a few drops of green food coloring.Print
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup juice (about 4 limes)
- 2 TB lime zest (use 4 limes)
- 1/2 cup salted butter, at room temperature and cut into cubes
- Add the eggs, sugar, lime juice and lime zest to the Vitamix.
- Start at level 1 and slowly increase to level 10. Blend for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the Vitamix and add the butter.
- Start at level 1 and blend at level 3 for 30 seconds.
- Place lime curd in the refrigerator to cool. Store in refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.
Kitchen Tools You’ll Use for this Recipe:
Please note that A Baker’s House, LLC is an Amazon affiliate and uses affiliate links which means that I earn a commission if you use the links provided. This is at no additional cost to you.