Honey oatmeal muffins are a hearty muffin for your morning meal, snack, or afternoon tea. Oatmeal is such a popular way to start the day and adding oats to a muffin is nice way to incorporate this ingredient into your breakfast baked goods.
I found this recipe on the Food and Wine website; apparently the recipe was inspired by the bee hives at the White House. When the #Breadbakers announced that Oatmeal Breads would be the theme for July I knew I wanted to give these muffins a try. My only changes were to use all white flour rather than whole wheat since that is what I had in the pantry and I also omitted the cardamom but added a touch of nutmeg.
These were best fresh and warm right out of the oven but my parents kindly ate them the day after baking. A pat of butter or dollop of honey would be a good idea especially on day two.
Next time I’ll freezer half of the batch and then heat them one at a time as needed. The smell of honey and oatmeal baking in the oven was indeed welcome even on a summer’s morning so recreating that feeling with the aid of the freezer would stretch out the enjoyment for sure.
Looking for another recipe that highlights honey? Try these Honey and Vanilla Madeleines.
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- Please find the original recipe here.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0 Total Fat: 0g
Oatmeal Bread themed #BreadBakers:
- Agave Oatmeal Sour Dough Bread from My Catholic Kitchen
- Applesauce Oatmeal Bread from Hostess at Heart
- Banana Oatmeal Loaf from Basic N Delicious
- Blueberry Currant Oatmeal Bread from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal Bread from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Honey Oatmeal Bread from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Honey Oatmeal Bread from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Honey-Oatmeal Muffins from A Baker’s House
- Honey Oats Bread Loaf from Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Honey Nut Oatmeal Waffles from Magnolia Days
- Honey Wheat Oat Bread from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Irish Oat and Whole Wheat Bread from Cali’s Cuisine
- Lemon Blueberry Oat Bread from Kids & Chic
- Multigrain Twist Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Oat Breadsticks from Passion Kneaded
- Oatmeal and Whole Wheat Rolls from Sneha’s Recipe
- Oatmeal Buttermilk Bread from Ruchik Randhap
- Oatmeal Porridge Sandwich Loaf from Bakers and Best
- Oatmeal Stout Loaf from Food Lust People Love
- Oat & Honey Bread from La Cocina de Aisha
- Oats and Millet Idli from Spice Roots
- Oats Garlic Kulcha from SimplyVeggies
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chips Oatmeal Scones from G’Gina’s Kitchenette
- Rolled Oat Sourdough Boule from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Savory Oats Scones from Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Triple Seeded Oat Bread from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Whole Wheat Honey Oatmeal Bread from Spill the Spices