Ingredients: (slightly changed from this original recipe)
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 3/4 cups packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup of pear-ginger sauce (store bought pear sauce/preserves or homemade)
1. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, ginger, baking soda, and nutmeg with a whisk in a bowl. Set the bowl aside.
2. With an electric mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar and honey for a few minutes then add the eggs one at a time. Now on low speed, alternate adding the flour and the milk to the batter. Once it is mixed well, turn off the mixer and fold in the pear sauce.
The batter will be thick. Spoon it into your prepared Bundt pan. Cook for 35-40 minutes, covering the top with foil around 25-30 minutes if it appears to brown too much. Let the cake cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before turning it out onto a plate. Let it cool completely before adding the optional (but really tasty) icing.
Cream Cheese Icing:
8 ounces of cream cheese
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
4-6 Tablespoons of cream (milk would be fine too)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Using an electric mixer, combine the ingredients, starting by whipping the cream cheese on its own for a few minutes. Next add the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla extract and cream (or milk). If the icing is too thick then add more milk one Tablespoon at a time.
Looking for more Bundt cake recipes? Here are a few I've enjoyed:
Pumpkin Bundt with Cream Cheese Filling
Sour Cream Coffee Bundt Cake
Sour Cream Lemon Pound Cake
You won't want to miss these beautiful Bundt cakes contributed by the rest of the Bundt-A-Month group. Join us and link up your own!
Apple Bundt Cake with an Attitude by Deb | Knitstamatic Blueberry Cinnamon Bundt Cake by Anuradha | Baker Street Cardamom Bundt Cake with Rosewater Glaze by Paula | Vintage Kitchen Cinnamon Crown Bundt Cake by Renee | Magnolia Days Ginger Pear Bundt Cake by Holly | A Baker's House Gingerbread Apple Cake by Lora | Cake Duchess Gram's Fig Spice Bundt Cake with Buttermilk Glaze by Stacy | Food Lust People Love Italian Anise Bundt Cake by Karen | In The Kitchen with KP Maple Pecan Bundt with Maple Glaze by Jennie | The Messy Baker Blog Mexican Chocolate Bundt Cake by Alice Choi | Hip Foodie Mom Moroccan Inspired Olive Oil Bundt Cake with Ras El Hanout by Laura | The Spiced Life Nutmeg Bundt Cake by Dorothy | Shockingly Delicious Peach and Roasted Cinnamon Bundt Cake with Cinnamon Sugar by Kim | Cravings Of A Lunatic Spiced Dark Chocolate with Cinnamon Glaze by Kate | Food Babbles Spicy Chocolate Bourbon Bundt Cake by Carrie | Poet In The Pantry
Here’s how you can join the #BundtaMonth party:
- Bake your Bundt for November following the theme – Spice.
- Post it before November 30, 2012.
- Use the #BundtaMonth hashtag in your title. (For ex: title should read – #BundtaMonth: Chocolate Cinnamon Bundt)
- Add your entry to the Linky tool below
- Link back to both Lora and Anuradha's announcement posts.