Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Swirl is your go-to quick bread for autumn baking. Easy to pull together and even easier to eat, this pumpkin bread is a seasonal favorite.
Pumpkins are creeping back into the baking scene as autumn draws near. Today we are sharing our favorite pumpkin recipes with you so grab your pumpkin spiced latte and have a look at some beautiful pumpkin recipes!
Pumpkin bread is a type of quick bread where yeast isn’t needed to help the bread rise. Make all of these quick bread recipes in about an hour!
Ingredients in this pumpkin bread recipe
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- unsalted butter, melted
- dark brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- pumpkin puree
- cream cheese
- pure vanilla extract
If you want to make this bread recipe gluten free, simple switch the all purpose flour out for a gluten free 1 to 1 baking flour blend.
This is an easy and quick bread recipe from Williams-Sonoma with the addition of a cream cheese swirl. My swirl looks more like a “smile” than a “swirl” but the idea is the same no matter how artistic your cream cheese swirl looks.
Cream Cheese Filling
Making the swirl is simple. Pour two thirds of the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Then add the cream cheese filling. Pour the remaining batter on top and make sure the cream cheese filling is completely covered.
Take a knife and make a few swirls– nothing fancy, just move the layers around a bit. You’ll have a happy surprise of a ribbon of cream cheese throughout each slice of pumpkin bread!
…Or skip the filling
I made a second round of this quick bread without the cream cheese and, I must say, I liked it even better. The bread traveled well and stayed moist as we enjoyed it over the weekend on a girls’ trip to the mountains.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 10 Tbs. (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a bread loaf pan with baking spray; line with parchment.
- Mix the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and all the spices. Stir gently with a whisk.
- In a separate bowl beat the butter with the brown sugar and the granulated sugar. Add the eggs one at a time then stir in the pumpkin puree.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until barely incorporated.
- In another small bowl prepare the cream cheese mixture: beat the softened cream cheese with the sugar and vanilla.
- Pour two thirds of the bread batter into the prepared loaf pan. Spoon the cream cheese mixture on top of the batter, spread gently. Top with the remaining bread batter. Swirl with a knife.
- Bake in the oven for 50-55 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
I used the referenced recipe but omitted the orange flavors. I also added the cream cheese swirl.
Recipe Source: Williams-Sonoma Orange Spice Pumpkin Bread
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 199mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 4g
This data is provided by Nutritionix and is an estimate only.
Holly Baker started the food blog, A Baker’s House, in 2011. She is the writer, recipe creator, and photographer for the site. Holly loves to bake and shares recipes for gluten free food, canning recipes, as well as traditional desserts too. Her recipes and food photography have been highlighted by BuzzFeed, Reader’s Digest, and She Knows.