Orange spiced tea cookies combine the flavor of tea with citrus in this lovely slice and bake cookie recipe.
Orange spiced tea cookies are a delicate dessert packed with flavor. Today I started with Good Earth’s Sweet & Spicy herbal and black tea then incorporated it into this slice and bake cookie to create orange spiced tea cookies. The bold flavors of cinnamon and orange are highlighted in this herbal tea and both flavors transfer well to baked goods.
I increased the orange with the addition of some orange zest and juice while adapting a tea cookie recipe from Krystina Castella’s book, Crazy about Cookies (page 119). The aroma in the kitchen when these cookies were baked was almost as much of a treat as eating the cookies! The orange and spices were a bright scent, one that I hope to recreate again. This is a simple orange spiced tea cookie, perfect to enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea.
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 TB tea (I suggest 2 tea bags of Good Earth's Sweet and Spicy herbal and black tea)
- 1 stick butter (8 TB)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons orange zest
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- Combine the flour, salt, and tea. Tea from tea bags should be ground finely and won't need additional processing. Loose tea leaves may need to be ground before adding to the dry ingredients.
- In a stand mixer (or using a hand held mixer) cream the butter and sugars together until light. Add the zest and orange juice. Mix until well blended.
- Make a log shape with the dough, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Slice cookie dough in 1/4 inch slices. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 57Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 42mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g
This data is provided by Nutritionix and is an estimate only.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram
Holly Baker started the food blog, A Baker’s House, in 2011. She is the writer, recipe creator, and photographer for the site. Holly loves to bake and shares recipes for gluten free food, canning recipes, as well as traditional desserts too. Her recipes and food photography have been highlighted by BuzzFeed, Reader’s Digest, and She Knows.