Cinnamon Roll Cookies are a playful recipe that gives you the swirl of a cinnamon roll in a cookie bite. These darling cookies look like cinnamon rolls, taste like a crunchy version of cinnamon rolls, and use a lot of the same techniques as you would in making actual rolls (minus the yeasted dough obviously!). It is the cinnamon swirl and the rolling of the cookie dough that may be tricky steps. As you’ll notice, I succeeded in the swirl category but my spacing between the cinnamon layer and the dough layer was not tight enough. As these baked, the cinnamon layer bubbled up and the dough spread slightly.
Other than my cookies not looking exactly like the original recipe’s photo, this difference was not really a problem. The cookies kept the overall shape and tasted really good. I may have liked the plain version even better than the final, iced version. It’s possible that I have never said those words before– I like icing by the spoonful right out of a bowl!– but these flavorful, cinnamon cookies were just fine without the sweet icing on top. The icing does put a nice finishing touch on the overall cinnamon roll theme so, go ahead, you won’t be disappointed either way.
Baking with the #CreativeCookieExchange guarantees that I’ll have freshly baked cookies at least once a month and that I’ll continue to bake recipes that are new to me. Half the fun is reading cookbooks, looking through pages torn from magazines and searching for recipes online. CINNAMON is the challenge for November. This month I found this creative recipe for cinnamon roll cookies online (here!) and the recipe’s title truly lives up to its name.
Want to make actual cinnamon rolls? Try this recipe for gluten free cinnamon rolls.
I followed the recipe from www.cookingchanneltv.com and did not change a thing. I’d love to hear if you try the same recipe and have good results. Next time I will roll the dough in a tighter spiral but even my lack of skill in that step didn’t take away from the enjoyment of these swirled, cinnamon treats.
Here is the list of ingredients. Please click through for the original published recipe instructions.
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 126 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 22mg Sodium: 78mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 9g Protein: 1g
- Browned Butter Snickerdoodles by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cinnamon Chocolate Star Cookies by Baking Yummies
- Cinnamon Crunch Cookies by 2 Cookin’ Mamas
- Cinnamon Dusted Orange Icebox Cookies by The Spiced Life
- Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies with White Chocolate Glaze by Our Good Life
- Cinnamon Pecan Elephant Ears by Noshing With The Nolands
- Cinnamon Roll Cookies by A Baker’s House
- Cinnamon Sugar Cookies by Magnolia Days
- Cinnamon Waffle Cookies by A Shaggy Dough Story
- Cinnamon Walnut Icebox Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cream Cheese Cinnamon Roll Cookies by Food Lust People Love
- Polvorones by Oven Delights
- Speculoos (Dutch Windmill Cookies) by Upstate Ramblings
You can also use us as a great resource for cookie recipes. Be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them here at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month!