The #Breadbakers are serving up healthy breads this month, a theme that means something different to each baker. Whether you need a recipe with low sugar, no gluten, whole grains or even no grains, we hope we have something to offer you this month. This carrot flatbread is straight out of the pages of one of my favorite magazines, Cooking Light. The October 2016 issue shared this grain-free veggie bread. Its base is shredded carrots then it is filled with nuts and seeds along with spices. Eggs bind the ingredients before you press the mixture into a sheet pan. After a 25 minute baking time you have this flatbread: somewhat chewy inside and best eaten toasted on the outside. Crunchy seeds and nuts fill each bite. I am not convinced that this could ever replace what I think of as “bread” but it sure is an interesting alternative. Baking this recipe felt like a science experiment to me and I was curious from start to finish. Try this recipe or make it with alternative vegetables like cauliflower or broccoli. I did not make any changes to the Cooking Light version this first time around so please click through here for the full ingredient list and directions.
Check out the Healthy Breads that our fellow #BreadBakers have baked this month:
- Amaranth Flatbread from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Beet Rye Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Blueberry Almond Bread from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Brain Booster Pancakes from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chocolate Banana Flax Almond Meal Muffins from Spill the Spices
- Eggless Whole Wheat Brioche Buns from Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Grain-free Nutty Carrot Flatbread from A Baker’s House
- Healthier Applesauce Spice Bread from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Healthy Whole Grain Bread from The Bread She Bakes
- Honey Almond Brioche from Kidsandchic
- Honey Oatmeal Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Multigrain Pesto Swirl Bread from Herbivore Cucina
- Oatmeal Crispbread (Oatmeal Knäckebröd) from Baking Sense
- Organic Honey Whole Grain Bread from Hostess At Heart
- Quick Whole Wheat Bread from Ambrosia
- Spiced Besani Paratha from Sneha’s Recipe
- Sprouted Wheat Bread from Palatable Pastime
- Sweet Potato Bread with Honey from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Sweet Potato Millet Bread from The Schizo Chef
- Ten Grain No Knead Bread from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Whole Wheat Carrot Apple Walnut Quickbread from A Salad For All Seasons
- Whole Wheat White Bean Bread from Cooks Hideout
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely bread by following our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated after each event on the #BreadBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. This month’s host is Pavani of Cook’s Hideout. Many thanks to Pavani for her time and efforts! If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to email@example.com.