Monday, March 4, 2013
Ingredients: from page 78 of Everyday Cookies
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
12 ounces chocolate (I used semi-sweet chips)
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 large eggs
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (original recipe called for 1 1/4 cups walnut halves, I substituted mini chips)
1. Combine the dry ingredients of flour and baking powder. Whisk lightly and set aside.
2. Either use a double boiler to melt the butter and chocolate or do so in the microwave on 30 second intervals at half power. Let cool for a few minutes then add the brown sugar and vanilla.
3. Pour the chocolate mixture into a larger bowl and mix in the eggs. Slowly add the flour mixture then add the mini chips as well.
4. While you preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, cool the dough in the refrigerator for 10-20 minutes.
5. Make balls of dough about 2 Tablespoons each and bake on baking trays lined with parchment. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on racks.