- 400 grams (2 2/3 cups) white bread flour
- 1 package of Active Dry Yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 100 grams (2/3 cup) black olives, pitted and chopped
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) sun dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil from the sun dried tomato jar
- In a stand mixer place the flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Add the warm water then use the paddle mixer attachment to mix until well combined and a dough forms. Switch to the dough paddle attachment. Add the olives and sun dried tomatoes as well as the oil. Let the machine knead the dough for 3-5 minutes. If the dough is exceptionally wet, add about 1/4 - 1/2 cup additional flour.
- Spray a glass bowl as well as a sheet of plastic wrap with baking spray. Form the dough into a ball and rotate it s a times in the greased bowl to cover its surface with oil. Cover the bowl with the greased plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until dough doubles, approximately 60-90 minutes.
- Punch down the dough and form into a ball again. Place the dough on a parchment lined baking pan or bread baking stone. Cover with greased plastic wrap again and let rise for an additional hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut a few slashes in the top of the dough with a sharp knife. Place into the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Recipe from page 63 in the book: Breads published by Igloo Books
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 37 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 124mg Carbohydrates: 6g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 1g
Our host this month is Karen from Karen’s Kitchen Stories, and our theme is Olives. For more bread recipes, visit the #TwelveLoaves Pinterest board, or check out last month’s mouthwatering selection of #TwelveLoaves New Year Challenge Breads!
- Black Olive Focaccia from Baking in Pyjamas
- Eliopsomo (Greek Olive Bread) from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Greek Bread from NinjaBaker.com
- No-Knead Green Olive and Feta Flatbread from Rhubarb and Honey
- No Knead Olive Bread from Cake Duchess
- Olive and Tomato Focaccia from Never Enough Thyme
- Olive Campagne Boule from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Olive Oil Crackers from Ma Che Ti Sei Mangiato
- Olive Tapenade Focaccia from girlichef
- Rosemary Olive Bread from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sun Dried Tomato and Olive Bread from A Baker’s House
If you’d like to bake along with us this month, share your Olive Bread using hashtag #TwelveLoaves!