Chocolate dipped macadamia nut cookies start with a shortbread dough then are amped up with luscious macadamia nuts. Dipping half (or the whole) cookie in chocolate seals the deal for these simple yet decadent cookies.
These chocolate dipped macadamia nut cookies remind me of living in Hawaii. You’ll find them on the shelves at local grocery stores and tourist shops as well. Oddly enough I didn’t eat them often when we lived there because they always seemed like something a tourist would buy…but now that I’ve been back for visits and I am the tourist, I buy these without a second thought.
This is the first time I’ve made them and I loved the result. The shortbread dough comes together quickly and the chopped macadamia nuts add that bit of Hawaiian feel.
Another recipe that highlights macadamia nuts are these white chocolate and macadamia nut blondies.
Adding chocolate chips to the dough is a nice option (the mini chips work best) then finish these with a quick dip in milk, dark or white chocolate.
The #CreativeCookieExchange wants to take you away on an island getaway without leaving the comfort of your own kitchen. Join us as we bake with a tropical theme in mind! Wouldn’t we all love to feel the breeze of the ocean right about now? I know I would!
Island life may not be paradise all of the time. I say that honestly with the experience of living on two different islands in past years–preparing for hurricanes or dealing with the creepy-crawling critters that become part of everyday life on an island may not be the picture that we all dream of when we look at island postcard.
But those tradeoffs are well worth it when you balance the negatives with the overwhelming positives of beautiful beaches and a (hopefully) laid back lifestyle. This recipe can be found on the website for Big Island Macadamia Nuts. I hope these take you in spirit to Hawaii the same way they did for me!
What kitchen items do I need to bake cookies?
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Recipe source (ingredients and instructions): http://www.bigislandmacadamianuts.com/free_recipes_big_island_macadamia_nuts.html
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 210 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 23mg Sodium: 69mg Carbohydrates: 18g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 9g Protein: 2g
Recipe source (ingredients and instructions):
- Chocolate Dipped Macadamia Nut Cookies by A Baker’s House
- Coconut Mango Butter Cookies by Oven Delights
- Frosted Pineapple Shortbread Cookies by Magnolia Days
- Guava Lava Cookiess by Flours & Frostings
- Hawaiian Raincoast Crisps by All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Key Lime White Chocolate Chunk Cookies by 2 Cookin’ Mamas
- Lime Coconut Bars with Macadamia Nuts and White Chocolate Chunks by The Spiced Life
- Macadamia Nut and White Chocolate Chunk Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Mojito Sugar Cookies by Upstate Ramblings
- Passion Fruit Curd Shortbread Cookies by Live. Bake. Love.
- Pineapple Coconut Cookies by A Shaggy Dough Story
- Pineapple Macadamia Nut Shortbread by Food Lust People Love
You can also use us as a great resource for cookie recipes. Be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them here at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month!