Chocolate dipped macadamia nut cookies start with a shortbread dough then are amped up with luscious macadamia nuts. Dipping half (or the whole) cookie in chocolate seals the deal for these simple yet decadent cookies. These chocolate dipped macadamia nut cookies remind me of living in Hawaii. You’ll find them on the shelves at local grocery stores and tourist shops as well. Oddly enough I didn’t eat them often when we lived there because they always seemed like something a tourist would buy…but now that I’ve been back for visits and I am the tourist, I buy these without a second thought. This is the first time I’ve made them and I loved the result. The shortbread dough comes together quickly and the chopped macadamia nuts add that bit of Hawaiian feel. Adding chocolate chips to the dough is a nice option (the mini chips work best) then finish these with a quick dip in milk, dark or white chocolate.
The #CreativeCookieExchange wants to take you away on an island getaway without leaving the comfort of your own kitchen. Join us as we bake with a tropical theme in mind! Wouldn’t we all love to feel the breeze of the ocean right about now? I know I would! Island life may not be paradise all of the time. I say that honestly with the experience of living on two different islands in past years–preparing for hurricanes or dealing with the creepy-crawling critters that become part of everyday life on an island may not be the picture that we all dream of when we look at island postcard. But those tradeoffs are well worth it when you balance the negatives with the overwhelming positives of beautiful beaches and a (hopefully) laid back lifestyle. This recipe can be found on the website for Big Island Macadamia Nuts. I hope these take you in spirit to Hawaii the same way they did for me!Print
Recipe source (ingredients and instructions):
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup unsalted Macadamia Nuts (coarsely chopped)
Dip baked and cooled cookies in melted chocolate
- 8 oz high quality chocolate
- In large bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla together. Slowly stir in flour until well blended. Add coarsely chopped macadamia nuts. On waxed paper shape cookie dough into a roll approximately two inches in diameter. Roll waxed paper around dough then wrap the roll in aluminum foil. Place in refrigerator, chilling at least 2 hours or more.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Remove chilled cookie dough and cut roll into slices between 1/4 and 1/2 inch thick. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for approximately 18 minutes or until they turn barely golden brown around the edges.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl in microwave. High quality chocolate will not need to be mixed with shortening. Simply melt it in the microwave at 50% power in 30 second increments. Stir until smooth. Dip one end of each cookie into chocolate then place on wax paper.
I am really looking forward to the group’s cookies today, enjoy!
- Chocolate Dipped Macadamia Nut Cookies by A Baker’s House
- Coconut Mango Butter Cookies by Oven Delights
- Frosted Pineapple Shortbread Cookies by Magnolia Days
- Guava Lava Cookiess by Flours & Frostings
- Hawaiian Raincoast Crisps by All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Key Lime White Chocolate Chunk Cookies by 2 Cookin’ Mamas
- Lime Coconut Bars with Macadamia Nuts and White Chocolate Chunks by The Spiced Life
- Macadamia Nut and White Chocolate Chunk Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Mojito Sugar Cookies by Upstate Ramblings
- Passion Fruit Curd Shortbread Cookies by Live. Bake. Love.
- Pineapple Coconut Cookies by A Shaggy Dough Story
- Pineapple Macadamia Nut Shortbread by Food Lust People Love
You can also use us as a great resource for cookie recipes. Be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them here at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month!