- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, vanilla extract, cardamom and salt with the electric mixer.
- Now with a spoon stir in the flour until well mixed.
- Roll the dough into a log-like shape so that it will fit into the cookie press. Pack it in the tube tightly. Choose your design and begin pressing the dough out by clicking just once on the cookie press. Fit about 12 cookies to a baking sheet. I used parchment, though the instructions state that an ungreased baking sheet is best and that no parchment is necessary.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes then cool on a rack.
This recipe can be found in the Kuhn Rikon company’s Cookie Press Instruction booklet