- 3 cups water
- ½ cup Sprouts Organic Honey
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 8 Bartlett Pears, stems removed and peeled
- 10 oz bag Sprouts Organic Frozen Berry Medley
- ¾ cups water
- ¼ cup whole milk plain yogurt
- Decorations: sunflower seed hulls, sliced almonds, French Burnt Peanuts (from Sprouts Bulk Section)
- In a large sauce pan bring 3 cups water and ½ cup honey to boil. Add the chopped ginger and reduce to a simmer. Gently add the peeled pears (likely in batches of 4 at a time depending on the size of your saucepan) and allow to simmer for 15 minutes. If the pears are not completely covered with liquid, simply use a spatula to carefully rotate them half way through. Repeat with remaining pears as necessary.
- If eating right away remove the pears from the liquid, place on parchment and let cool slightly. If eating later, you may keep the pears in the poaching liquid and refrigerate overnight.
- Meanwhile prepare the berry sauce. Puree the bag of frozen organic berry medley with ¾ cup water and ¼ cup whole milk yogurt until smooth. Set aside.
- Decorate the cooled pears to look like Halloween Skulls. Push in the red, French Burnt Peanuts for eyes. Gently use a sliced almond to make an indentation for the nose. Carefully poke the sunflower seed hulls into the pear to create teeth. Be creative and use what decorations you might have in your kitchen- have fun!
- Plate the dessert: pour about 3 tablespoons of the berry-yogurt sauce onto a plate or bowl. If you wish, spatter a little extra sauce around the edges for a “blood-spattered” look. Place a pear on top of the sauce. Save any extra sauce to make a smoothie at another time.