Smores Blondies let you hold on to summer as long as you can– the calendar and the hot weather surely are not over yet so let’s not let the start of school dampen that summer enthusiasm! Today we’ve got plenty of desserts to keep your summer block parties going. These s’mores blondies start with a graham cracker base then are topped with a blondie batter filled with marshmallows and chocolate chips. The result is a chewy bite that will remind you of sitting around the campfire enjoying s’mores. I think next time I make this treat I will top them with more melted chocolate and browned marshmallows, but even without that extra decadence, these dessert bars will hit the spot.Print
Recipe based on While Chocolate and Macadamia Nut Blondies recipe from the book Williams-Sonoma Dessert of the Day, page 182.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 graham crackers pulsed in food processor to make crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cups mini marshmallows
- 3/4 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare an 8 x 8 glass pan with parchment and baking spray.
- Melt the butter and combine with the graham cracker crumbs. Pat down into the pan in an even layer.
- Beat the butter and sugar on high speed until well blended. Add the vanilla then the eggs. Continue to beat on high until smooth and thick.
- Add the flour and salt and mix on low until barely incorporated. Finally add the mini marshmallows and the chocolate chips; fold in with a spoon or spatula.
- Gently lay scoops of the batter on top of the unbaked graham cracker crumbs. Spread the batter out evenly.
- Bake for 40 minutes; cover with aluminum foil if the top browns before the middle is baked.
- Remove and let cool on a wire rack.
Summer is not over yet so we are sharing cookies that bring out the best of #Summer in our baking. You can also use #CreativeCookieExchange as a great resource for cookie recipes. Be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them here at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:
- Apple Shortbread Cookies with Apple Cider Mascarpone Frosting by A Shaggy Dough Story
- Apricot Pochettes by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Blackberry and Cream Monte Carlos by All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Black Forest Cookies by Spiceroots
- Blueberry Cookies by The Spiced Life
- Kiwi Thumbprints by Flours and Frostings
- Lemon Basil Cookies with Mint by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Lemon Meltaways by Oven Delights
- Lemon Sour Cream Cookies by Magnolia Days
- Orange Creamsicle Cookies by 2 Cookin Mamas
- Peach Pie Cookies by Live. Bake. Love.
- Pecan Sandies by Food Lust People Love
- S’mores Blondies by A Baker’s House