Pumpkin fruit leather is a healthy snack that you can feel good about sharing with your family. Using quality ingredients from Sprouts gives you the confidence that you are feeding your kids all natural, wholesome food even for snacks and dessert!
- 1 can Sprouts Organic Pumpkin
- 1 cup Sprouts Original Apple Sauce
- 1 tsp. Sprouts Organic Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Optional: 2 Tbsp. Sprouts Organic Honey
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees F
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment or silicone baking mat
- Whisk together all the ingredients: pumpkin, apple sauce, pumpkin pie spice, and honey (if using)
- Use an offset spatula to spread the mixture on the baking sheet to a thickness between 1/8 -1/4 inch. You do not want to be able to see through the mixture, but you also don’t want to have it too thick.
- Bake for 4 to 4 ½ hours until the mixture is set (not giggling) in the middle of the pan. Let cool to room temperature.
- Take a large piece of parchment and turn your fruit leather over onto the parchment. Peel the fruit leather off the silicone baking mat so that it is now laying on the parchment. Cut into strips using a knife or a pizza cutter. Roll tightly.
For a fun, seasonal twist, use a cookie cutter to imprint shapes like pumpkins or bats onto the fruit leather before rolling it up.
Keywords: pumpkin, applesauce, pumpkin pie spice, Halloween, healthy snack, Sprout Farmers Market