Mint chocolate chip cookies are a dressed up chocolate chip cookie loaded with more chocolate flavor and mint chocolate chips. These cookies make a great holiday cookie, a treat for St. Patrick’s Day, or as I made these for a gift for my mom at Mother’s Day.
Mint Chip Chocolate Cookies are the first recipe I think of when I see the seasonal Andes crème de methe baking chips in the store. Chocolate and mint, what’s not to like?
Mother’s Day is just around the corner…time to start planning gifts and food to share with your family. The #CreativeCookieExchange is baking cookies with mothers in mind.
Whether it is a cookie you bake for your mom or with your mom in mind, we’d love to hear what you are baking this month. Mother’s Day is most often thought of as a happy day but we keep close to our hearts friends and loved ones who find Mother’s Day to be a difficult day to get through for any number of reasons and want you to know that you are on our minds as well.
The first food that comes to mind when I think of my mom’s favorites would have to be mint chocolate chip ice cream. The bright green kind. The green that you know is not natural flavoring but you eat it anyway kind of mint chocolate chip ice cream.
I wanted to put those flavors of mint and chocolate into a cookie for my mom and made these mint chip chocolate cookies with a recipe from Hershey’s. Hershey’s recipe called for mint chips (which they conveniently make but I could not find in my local store) so I used Andes crème de methe baking chips to bring out that minty flavor.
These cookie lack that green color but the mint flavor is a nice combination with the chocolate cookie and chocolate chips. I’ll have to make these again the next time my mom comes to visit and I think they’d be even better converted into an ice cream sandwich with bright green mint chocolate chip ice cream in the middle!
Check out Hershey’s recipe here. I used regular chocolate chips then added a full cup of the Andes crème de menthe chips.
What kitchen items do I need to bake cookies?
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine , softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-2/3 cups HERSHEY'S Mint Chocolate Chips (10-oz. pkg.)
- 1 cup Andes creme de mint chips
- Please check the original recipe and instructions here.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 17mg Sodium: 77mg Carbohydrates: 18g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 14g Protein: 2g
- Classic Spritz Cookies from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Chocolate Chip Cookies (Baked) from Baking in Pyjamas
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies from 2 Cookin’ Mamas
- Crystallized Ginger Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Candied Flower Shortbread Cookies from Live… Bake… Love…
- Oats and Nuts Cookies from Basic N Delicious
- Coconut cookies from Flours and frostings
- Brown Sugar Maple Oatmeal Cookies with Dried Cherries from The Spiced Life
- Mint Chip Chocolate Cookies from A Baker’s House
- Rhubarb Sauce Cookies from Food Lust People Love