Mini cherry bundt cakes add a festive touch to any dessert table and can transition from a brunch treat to a dinner dessert. Baking with frozen cherries makes this recipe achievable any time of the year.
The baking women of #BundtaMonth shared beautiful Bundt cakes last week to start off the month of April. Led by Cake Duchess and Baker Street, this monthly baking event is something I enjoy—not only baking a cake in my kitchen but catching a glimpse into the group members’ kitchens is a treat! I am late to the party—spring break with the family came first—and I am happy to join the group with these mini cherry Bundt cakes today. With baby showers or bridal showers in mind, I set out to bake a pretty-in-pink confection.
I started with a recipe I’ve seen a number of times as an advertisement in various cooking magazines: the C & H Sugar All-in-one Cake & Frosting recipe. Have you seen it too? The recipe promises to make baking at home even easier with this two-for-one recipe. The ingredients listed make the frosting and the cake too. First you make the frosting mixture, set some aside, then continue to add a few more ingredients to make the cake batter. I added some frozen cherries and pureed cherries to add to the frosting to go along with the CHERRY theme this month. Easy enough recipe and a straight-forward idea, but I have to say this wasn’t my favorite Bundt cake. The cake was a bit dense and heavy but the cherries did create a bright spot in these mini cakes. I’ll continue to bake with C & H products for sure but will likely use different recipes. I’d love to hear if you’ve had success with this type of recipe. Let me know!
- Black Forest Mini Bundt Cakes by Kim at Cravings of a Lunatic
- Cherry Blueberry Cheesecake Bundt by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Cherry Bundt Cake by Veronica at My Catholic Kitchen
- Cherry Filled Bundt Cake with Chocolate Cherry Drizzle by Heather at Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Cherry Kirsch Bundt by Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
- Cherry Pecan Bundt Cake by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Chocolate Cherry Bundt Cake by Anuradha at Baker Street
- Chocolate Cherry Bundt Cake by Lora at Cake Duchess
- Chocolate Cherry Coke Cake by Jennie at The Messy Baker Blog
- Chocolate Cherry Dream by Kim at Ninja Baking
- Coconut Cherry Chip Bundt Cake by Anne at From My Sweet Heart
- Lemon Cherry Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze by Anita at Hungry Couple
- Mahlab Vanilla Bundt Cake by Laura at The Spiced Life
- Spicy Cherry Yogurt Bundt Bake by Paula at Vintage Kitchen
- White Chocolate Black Cherry Yogurt Bundt Cake by Karen at In the Kitchen With KP
- Cherry Bundt Bake by Kate at Diethood