Making a gluten free pumpkin pie is easy with a frozen, store-bought crust. The pumpkin pie filling comes together in one bowl.
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée or 1 3/4 cups cooked pumpkin
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked, frozen, gluten free pie shell
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together brown sugar, spices and salt.
- Whisk in eggs, then add pumpkin, whisking it in completely. Gently whisk in half-and-half, then pour filling into unbaked pie shell and bake for 45 minutes, or until set.
If you don’t need a gluten free pie, you can use any unbaked pie shell. From scratch or store-bought.
Keywords: pumpkin, pie, Thanksgiving, gluten free