There is an exciting event in the food community coming up in Philadelphia: Eat Write Retreat. It is a three-day experience packed to the brim with opportunities for food bloggers to develop their skills in cooking, writing, and photography. Have you already made plans to attend? I know I would learn SO much from the event sponsors, the speakers, and fellow food bloggers. I’m sharing my cookie dough dip recipe in hopes that it will earn me a ticket to join the fun. Safest Choice Eggs has challenged bloggers to create a recipe using their pasteurized eggs in a cookie dough dip. The winning recipe will be shared with the group of foodies at the Friday night Meet & Greet party. Wow! Wouldn’t that be a a thrill!
I grew up in Media, PA and attended college in the area too. In fact, I’ll be in Pennsylvania the week of Eat, Write, Retreat because I have plans to attend my college reunion at Swarthmore College. I’ve hesitated to buy my conference ticket because I know it would cut into the time spent with my alumni friends on campus but I’m sure they would understand my absence if I were given this opportunity to share my recipe with the Eat, Write, Retreat group. I am ready to jump in and soak up all that Eat, Write, Retreat has to offer and I’d hope to share what I learn on my blog here in future posts. The blogging community is so quick to lend a hand and to share information and I’d love to be part of that effort.
When I was brainstorming cookie dough dip ideas for this entry, my mind kept circling back to Philadephia cream cheese and cheesecake. Why not combine a Philadelphia-proud product like cream cheese with Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs ingenious idea of pasteurized eggs in this dip? No worries about Salmonella with these special eggs which are pasteurized without the quality or nature of the egg being disturbed. It took a quick google search to confirm my hunch that plenty of people bake cheesecake cookies. Yes, indeed, the idea is not a new one for a cookie that tastes like a cheesecake and so I set out to make a cookie dough dip that looked and tasted like cheesecake. Try Original Pretzel Crisps with this Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookie Dough Dip or strawberries work nicely too.Print
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Dip will be the star of the party. Creamy, sweet, and easy to make, this dip is everything you love about cheesecake but made in a matter of minutes.
For the dip
- 8 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 6 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Safest Choice pasteurized egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
For the optional topping
- 2 sheets graham crackers
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- In a stand mixer (or with a hand-held electric mixer) combine the cream cheese, butter and sugar. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, vanilla and salt then continue to beat until well incorporated and light in color.
- Mix in the mini chocolate chips on low speed until well mixed throughout the dip.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving. Add the optional topping right before serving.
To make the topping:
- Pulse the graham crackers to make crumbs in a mini food processor. Add the butter and sugar and pulse until thoroughly combined. Sprinkle the topping over the dip.
Please note that this is NOT a sponsored post. It is an entry into the contest offered by Safest Choice Eggs for a Conference-Only pass to Eat, Write, Retreat held in Philadelphia June 6-8, 2014. I presently live in Denver, CO and inquired about the rule listed that required the winning blogger to be a local Philadelphia blogger. I was informed that I could enter if I had plans to be in the Philadelphia area that week and would be able to prepare this dip for the conference attendees if I were selected as the winner.