Double Chocolate Cookies with Dried Cherries are a dressed up version of my favorite brownie cookie recipe. The additions are simple– white chocolate chips and dried cherries– and it makes this an entirely different cookie. I like the play of the sweet dried cherries with the bits of white chocolate. I originally made these with an online cookie-loving group, the #CreativeCookieExchange. Our theme was chocolate with berries so you can see how well the double chocolate cookies with dried cherries fit into those guidelines. Do you want to switch it up a bit more? Add nuts if you wish, a bit of salty crunch would be a nice addition here.
Are you making these double chocolate cookies with dried cherries and sending them in the mail? This is how I package cookies for the best success in getting your goodies to their destination in one piece.Print
Double Chocolate Cookies with Dried Cherries are a decadent cookie filled with sweet and crunchy bites.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In one bowl add the flour,baking powder, and cocoa powder. Whisk gently then set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat the butter, white sugar and brown sugar. Add the vanilla and the eggs, continue to blend on medium high speed. Lower the speed to medium low and incorporate the melted chocolate into the mixture.
- Using a spoon, fold in the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Add in the dried cherries and the white chocolate chips. Fold until just barely incorporated.
- Chill the cookie dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cooled cookie dough and make tablespoon sized balls of dough. Place on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
Let’s see what the cookie bakers made:
Do you love baking (and eating) cookies as much as we do? If so, we’d love for you to join this baking group. Just contact Laura at email@example.com and she will get you added to our Facebook group where we discuss our cookies and share links.
You can also just use us as a great resource for cookie recipes–be sure to check out our Facebook page, our Pinterest Board, and our monthly posts. You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month!