Welcome back to #BreadBakers! This enthusiastic group of bakers is growing into quite the collection of bloggers. There are more than twenty of us this month who baked along with the theme of THANKSGIVING. We hope you will find a recipe that you can share with your family this Thanksgiving among our list of rolls, loaves and baked holiday goodness below.
My contribution this month is a recipe from Sunset magazine. Not only can you choose which herbs to use in these soft, dinner rolls, but you can make the dough the day ahead of time, saving you valuable time on Thanksgiving day (or any other day of the year on which you are hosting a meal) and freeing up counter space and energy for you to work on other parts of your meal during the precious few hours leading up to your dinner. Sunset’s recipe suggests a collection of herbs– parsley, dill, chives and rosemary. I used only rosemary (2 Tablespoons minced instead of the other spices listed in the original recipe) and the smell in the house was nearly as nice as eating these rolls fresh out of the oven. These make great dinner rolls but also are excellent for small, leftover turkey sandwiches.
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 large egg plus 1 tablespoon lightly beaten egg, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 3 3/4 to 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- Please click through to Sunset magazine's recipe here for full instructions.
Recipe from Sunset magazine
- Brown Butter Sage Biscuits by Sophia at Sweet Cinnamon & Honey
- Butterflake Rolls by Anshie at Spice Roots
- Buttermilk Rolls by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Cast Iron Parker House Rolls by Veronica at My Catholic Kitchen
- Cheese & Mustard Pull Apart Bread by Laura at Baking in Pyjamas
- Classic Anise Dinner Rolls by Kathya at Basic N Delicious
- Crusty French Bread Rolls by Robin at A Shaggy Dough Story
- Gruyère Gougères by Nicole at The 2nd 35 Years
- No Knead Dinner Rolls by Heather at Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Parker House Rolls by Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
- Parmesan Garlic Knots by Lauren at From Gate to Plate
- Pumpkin and Rosemary Bread by Rocío at kids&chic
- Pumpkin Pani Popo by Kelly at Passion Kneaded
- Pumpkin, Sage & Cheddar Pull Apart Rolls by Mireille at Chef Mireille’s East West Realm
- Overnight Rosemary Rolls by Holly at A Baker’s House
- Soft and Tender Dinner Rolls by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Sourdough Cornbread Rolls with Sage by Karen at Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Sweet Potato Rolls by Cindy at Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Tomato Herb Loaves by Camilla at Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Zopf – Braided Swiss Milk Bread by Carola at En la Cocina de Caro
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.