Peaches are one of summer’s best offerings: bright, juicy and sweet. When I learned that the theme for #BundtaMonth August would be peaches I knew we were in for a host of wonderful desserts! Check out the list below of what the group has been baking this month. Join us by linking up your peach Bundt cake. We are led by Lora at Cake Duchess and Anhurada at Baker Street. Each month we bake along with the theme and I’ve been happily eating the results each month.
Southern Living’s Two-Step Fresh Peach Pound Cake caught my eye in the July issue. Raspberries joined in as I had a peach melba inspired dessert in mind. A raspberry sauce would have finished that thought off perfectly but I stopped short of that this time around, deciding on a simply topping of powdered sugar instead. I tend to over-ice cakes with glazes and frosting as that sweet taste is often my favorite finish on a cake but this Bundt is filled with sweet peaches and raspberry jam so the extra icing or sauce wasn’t necessary.
Try this Bundt with the peaches and raspberry jam or without– I think the base of this pound cake would be nice on its own too. It’s definitely a straight-forward recipe to have on hand in your kitchen.
Ingredients: (Adapted from this Southern Living recipe)
4 cups all purpose flour
3 cups sugar
2 cups butter, softened
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup peach-mango juice
6 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups diced, fresh peaches
1/2 cup raspberry jam
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 16 cup Bundt pan. (I used a smaller Bundt and had extra batter for muffins.)
1. Combine flour, sugar, butter, cream, juice, eggs and vanilla in a stand mixer. Beat on low speed to combine then increase speed for 2 minutes. Add in the diced peaches. Pour half the batter into the prepared pan then add the jam by dropping spoonfuls around the batter. Cover with remaining batter then use a knife to swirl the batter in the pan.
2. Bake at 325 degrees F for 90 minutes. Allow to cool completely before turning out of pan. Dust with confectioners’ sugar if desired.
Here are some beautiful bundts shared by the baking group this month:
- Simple rule: Bake us a bundt using peach
- Post it before August 31, 2013
- Use the #BundtaMonth hashtag in your title. (For ex: title could read #BundtaMonth: Peach Swirl Bundt)
- Add your entry to the Linky tool below
- Link back to our announcement posts