Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Oatmeal Raisin Bars
This particular recipe comes from Martha Stewart’s website. She has an assortment of cookies and bars offered among her seemingly endless list of recipes. This oatmeal raisin recipe stood out to me for a couple of reasons: it comes together quickly. Mix all of the ingredients in one bowl, press into the buttered pan and pop these into the oven for 30 minutes. Done. Another highlight is that this recipe serves a group for many occasions—a snack for kids after school, for moms meeting for coffee, for a picnic, for a family dinner. You can’t go wrong—people love these oat bars!
Click through to see the full recipe on the Martha Stewart site. I’ll share the ingredients here to show you that you likely have all of these ingredients at home and can make these today.
· 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted, plus more for pan
· 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
· 1/4 cup granulated sugar
· 1 large egg
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 1 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
· 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
· 1 cup raisins